I have a ton of things that are extremely important in my life. The list can go on forever with all the stuff. There is one aspect of my life that will always be at the top of the list and that is health. My health will always take priority over anything if I feel like I’m neglecting a specific area.
I make this a high priority in my life because without good health, what do we really have? You could be the wealthiest person in the world but if you’re not healthy and can’t spend time with the most important people in your life or do the things you love then is it really worth it? I came up with a list of different ways I keep my health in line in all areas.
- I eat healthy food and do my best to stay away from crap. You are what you eat and your energy is directly correlated to that. Eat McDonald’s a couple times a week, you won’t feel too good. I do enjoy some sweets but make sure to not go overboard on them.
- Limiting the amount of news I watch or drama I get into. This saves me from getting into a bad mood or reacting to something that might not be that big of a deal. Always staying aware to what you put your attention towards is critical in this aspect. I make sure I pay attention to things that keep me in a positive and happy mood.
- Exercising 4-5 times a week. I really enjoy lifting with a little mix of cardio so I make time to go during the mornings. There’s nothing better than getting a good workout in to start the day off.
- I have daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. I do about 2-3 goals per section but they all build off each other in some way. I do four different sections so I can see the daily wins I’m getting while still reaching for my monthly and yearly goals. I make these achievable but challenging so I push myself but when I accomplish them it feels amazing.
- I take time out of every day to read 10 pages of the current book I’m into. This is my time to get away from any distractions of life and just enjoy a good book.
- Making time for the hobbies and interests I enjoy. This includes real estate, golfing, boating, and being by the pool that I enjoy and delegate time for. Doing this helps me by taking a break from work, getting outside, or enjoying time with family and friends.
- Mediation and thanking God everyday. This is part of my daily routine right after I wake up. Meditation is great because I can just let my mind go and wander off to wherever. It’s really one of the more relaxing things I’m doing and would highly recommend it. I thank God everyday so I stay grounded and realize how awesome life is. Check out my post titled “What an Incredible Life” for more on being grateful!
It has taken me a lot of trial and error to find what keeps me healthy in all areas of my life. There is not one thing that will work for everybody. Find what you’re interested in. See what works for you and tweak that until you get it just right. Take the things out of your life that are not helping you in any area and see how it impacts your health. It’s a pretty great feeling getting rid of something that doesn’t hold any value in your life.
If you struggle in any of these areas, feel free to reach out to me and I will try my best to help you in any way.
Thanks and Be Great,